A Definition of Ready defines when a story is ready to get estimated
Ensure that a working task is understood by your team
A Definition Of Ready contains all requirements that a product owner (who writes the story) needs to fulfill, so that the team says
„Yep, now we got it.“
A Definition of Ready describes when a Story is Ready for a sprint.
Usually a definition of ready answers the why, the what and finally the how.
- Is the goal of the story clear enough?
- Is the value for the project clear?
- Is the expected result understood?
- Are the acceptance criteria for the story clear?
Once the product owner has written a story that can answer those questions, the team can answer these:
- Is the story small enough the get done in one sprint?
- The team knows how the story can be implemented!
- The story is estimated!
In other words, a Definition of Ready describes what need to be fulfilled by a story so that this story is Clear, Testable, Implementable.
Agile and Non-Agile Projects
Every Project, no matter if agile or not, if running or not
Requires feedback and close communication between team and product owner